Spring is here and we are, as promised, going HIKING in the Hudson Valley! We'll tackle the aptly named Breakneck Ridge, which has some of the best views of the Hudson Valley, wander by the ruins of the Cornish Estate, and make our way to the town of Cold Spring for some post-hike treats. It's a roughly ~6 mile hike that should take the better part of a day.
In the spirit of Williams, get away from the city and meet up with fellow Ephs (and friends) in the mountains!
Saturday, May 20th (Rain date TBD)
Meeting Time & Location:
8:30 am at the Grand Central Clock to take the MetroNorth Hudson Line to Breakneck Ridge
Please note that Metro North train tickets will need to be purchased individually.
10:10 am at the Breakneck Trailhead
Please note your method of transportation to the trailhead in your response so we can coordinate.
End time will depend on the size and pace of the group. We should be done by mid-late afternoon. We will end the hike in the town of Cold Spring, where there is a MetroNorth stop, as well as a number of restaurants and ice cream shops.
- Difficulty: The initial climb (~1.5 miles) is strenuous.
- Shoes: Please wear appropriate footwear with good grip. There is a fair amount of rock scrambling on Breakneck, so hiking shoes or sneakers are highly recommended.
- Clothing: Long pants and socks are highly recommended due to the prevalence of deer ticks.
- Food & water: Pack a lunch for a picnic once we get to the top! We also strongly recommend bringing snacks and plenty of water for the hike.
- Click here for a map to the Trailhead
- Click here for a Trail map